Mitt For a Knitter

It's been lovely having some long overdue visiting time with the ol' fam! I'm lucky to have not just one, but 2 beautiful sisters that I love dearly. At around the age of 11 or 12, I went from being the baby of the family to the mid kid. As much as I loved being the youngen, I was counting the days to her arrival & thrilled to hand the title down to my newborn sister, now a grown woman.


  Let me introduce you to Rachel, little sis & best pal. Here's her cute little noggin dolled up in my bold take on Damsel & topped off with the Buttercup Scarflet. It seems I've scored myself a beautiful and devoted model for some of my knitted designs. You'll likely be seeing those pearly whites more often, as often as she'll let me. Location permitting as it's still up in the air. :) Thankfully she's extremely patient, enthusiastic and amazingly photogenic! Life's been a bit hectic for the time being, so my designing endeavors have been somewhat slowed up. I do on the other hand look forward to endlessly bugging her to borrow her adorability! Hehe. Thanks a bunch, Rach! :)

I had a lot of Malabrigo in Cadmium leftover...so, I decided to add to the bright bundle by whipping up a pair of fingerless mitts. I love how it turned out! I've got the right hand developing on my dpns as I type. :) Here is a good example of a simple Aran slip stitch pattern that requires minimal effort. This particular mitt has a subtle pairing of eyelet sts on the side of the thumb gusset placed specifically for holding those pesky cable needles that tend to get lost in the sofa cushions so easily. I've replaced many lost cn's and thought a simple little detail, both aesthetic and purposeful would be useful to a knitter...or as I like to call it "Mitt" for a Knitter. Hehe! The eyelet detail is completely optional. Great for keeping those hands happy - knitter or not! If you've read my blog you're well aware that I have a habit of making multiples of my designs...so of course I'm working a 2nd set in my fave madelinetosh. I'll post them upon completion of the set.

Post Archives