Yarnaholic in Brooklyn

So it turns out the old hometown is rather disappointing in the yarn department...not one LYS! Unbelievable! The only one had just closed their doors shortly before revisiting the old stomping ground - it figures. It seems I have to shuffle around the northeast a bit to scout out my fiber supplies...thank you internet for being such a resourceful option when in a bind. Thank heaven for bountiful NY. Options, options, options!!! Oh my, it's a yarn lovers jackpot! I had to refrain from shop hopping due to my lack of self control in this environment, but did find a gem amongst them with a quite extensive and equally impressive yarn selection. While LYS prices are a pinch steep, as most shops tend to be vs. online shopping, I don't really mind spending extra when I find that rare, sought after hank. Depending on the purchase even frugal little me will exhaust my funds for that special something if it proves worthwhile. Hand knits are treasured, intricate works of art, so when properly cared for they're well worth investing in...a little common sense and doing your homework goes a long way. A fibery finish to a beautiful day filled with a lovebirds stroll amidst the blossoming curbside spring buds, brownstone envy, and sharing the best on the house bruscetta I've ever had in my life with my sweetheart! Beautiful indeed. :) The unintentional ultimate knittery tour continues...

Post Archives